Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Our first day

Well its been seven weeks since Ben was born and I just now had my first day alone with him. I am happy to report we survived. There was only one major meltdown (his not mine) in the car ride home from the chiropractor. I tried reasoning with him that mommy was driving and couldnt do anything to calm him but it didnt help. So I blasted some Aerosmith to drown him out. I dont know if it was the magic of Steven Tyler or sheer exhaustion but he finally fell asleep. Off to wash bottles.. such a glamorous life....

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, get used to it. Good to let the kid know now that you're driving and can't help. Kieran still doesn't quite get that one. Which leads me to believe that more dangerous than talking on your cell phone while driving is searching for the dropped sippy cup/toy/book/granola bar dropped by an angry toddler in the backseat.

    ReplyDelete