Friday, June 12, 2009

Thank God It's Friday!


This week has been a whirlwind of firsts (going to rent a breast pump so powerful it can "Tune in Tokyo"- thank you for that term Jannita) and a tidal-wave of emotions (changing Ben after his circumcision yesterday - I literally felt my heart break).

However, (insert weather cliche here) today we finally get to go home! The hospital and its staff have been super - we really couldn't have asked for a better experience.

But, I think, we're both ready to have the bedroom door stay closed for longer than 10 minutes. Plus we both really miss Max! Too bad this hospital isn't dog-friendly :)

Besides all of that, and I don't want to brag here, but I think we're ready. You see yesterday I received the #1 Dad cookie from my parents during their visit and you know they don't just hand those things out.

Now notes from Mamma Bear (aka Lori):
I wanted to steal a little space on the blog that has overtaken my husband's waking moments when he's not taking care of Ben and me. This has been a week like no other. I have to say the c-section experience was not as bad as I thought. It was very surreal to go through it but I have to say the scardy cat part of me was quite happy to be fileted rather than go through undetermined hours of labor.

Matt has been awesome with Ben. Believe it or not I have yet to change a diaper while in the hospital as he and the nurses have changed every one. I am not so silly as to think I can get away with this forever but I sure as hell am going to play the 'c-section card' as long as I can to continue this full service. And these diapers have been gross. I have never seen Matt so horrified yet willing to do it. This from the man I need to beg to do carry the laundry for me.

I have also been pleasantly surprised at how un-type A I have been. I actually feel relaxed with this whole new mom thing. And thats while off the Percoset! I even had one nurse fooled that I wasn't a first time mom. Me... relaxed about something?? I am sure this will change once I get home.

A few more thoughts
  1. I never thought I could care less about how many people I flash in a day. If this hospital were New Orleans I'd have bags of beads by now.
  2. And on the same note. I never thought I'd have to try to hard to get a man (young as he is) interested in my breasts. Come on little man!
  3. Mesh underwear. Moms you know what I mean. Enough said.
  4. I find many of my nicknames for Maxy (Boo, Boo Bear, Poopy Head) all work for Ben as well.
  5. Yes I have checked my blackberry while Ben slept on me. And no I don't feel guilty.
  6. I never thought I would place so much importance on passing gas. Matt and Ben had no problems showing off this ability while I struggled to do so in order to eat solid foods. Finally victory. Fun for me, not so much for others in the room.
  7. I know all moms say this but seriously isn't Ben one of the cutest kids you've ever seen?
My little Ben Burrito (he is swaddled so well) is starting to squirm so I'll sign off for now.

That ends the note from Lori it also reminds me to lock my computer next time I leave the room (just kidding my love!)

We have really enjoyed everyone's support, visits, comments, phone calls and letters. So much so I've incorporated your comments into a word cloud and posted it below.

I used TagCrowd.com to create the word cloud because Wordle.net seemed to be giving me some issues. But both sites are free and Wordle has a more options for background and color.

In case you are curious, a Word Cloud is a graphic representation of the words you enter into the program. Therefore, the more often a word is used, the bigger it appears on the screen.

Both programs are super easy to use. In fact, all you have to do is drag, drop and submit. I plan to print the graphic below, frame it and place it in Ben's room. Now your words will continue to spread cheer for a very long time!

We'll continue to add pix of Ben, family and friends. They'll populate to the left as well as live in that URL I posted a few days ago.

And of course we'll continue to continue this blog - only this time from the comfort of home as a complete family, Mom, Dad, Ben and Max.
created at TagCrowd.com


1 comment:

  1. Loving the wordle (I don't care if you didn't use that system, it's what I call word clouds) and all the comments. I do believe Ben is supercute and you guys are off to a great start. Holler at me or Ken anytime if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete